A newbie vegan/relatively newbie cook blog. I am dipping my toes into vegan cooking, and here I share recipes from vegan blogs and cookbooks which I love. I like satisfying food using basic ingredients and I try to make meals which my non-veggie husband will love as well!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Welcome, and Perfect Vegan Pancakes from the One Ingredient Chef

Welcome to my blog! I am starting this as a sort of experiment. I have been vegetarian for about 12 years and became fully vegan last month. I have always enjoyed cooking but would not say that I have ever been particularly good at it. However, since becoming vegan I have a new-found enthusiasm for trying new recipes and experimenting with delicious plant-based foods. My idea for this blog is to document my favorite recipes from other blogs, websites and cookbooks and have them all in one place. I might also come up with a few of my own creations as I go along! I hope to refine my cooking skills through trying new recipes and maybe meet some other vegan food enthusiasts along the way! 

Please bear with me as I am not an experienced cook, and my photos aren't the best (I usually take them on my phone, and unfortunately our kitchen does not have a natural light source, but I do my best :)

I am going to start out by sharing these amazing vegan pancakes by The One Ingredient Chef. (Find the recipe here). I would recommend reading his entire post as he has a lot of great pancake-making tips! I used unsweetened almond milk for the non-dairy milk (it's my favorite). I followed all of his tips about mixing the batter very gently until just mixed and making sure that the pan was nice and hot.



We topped ours with Earth Balance vegan butter and pure maple syrup.
They were awesome, and my (non-veggie) husband thought they were delicious, vegan or not!
Definitely worth trying if you want a delicious breakfast treat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment