A newbie vegan/relatively newbie cook blog. I am dipping my toes into vegan cooking, and here I share recipes from vegan blogs and cookbooks which I love. I like satisfying food using basic ingredients and I try to make meals which my non-veggie husband will love as well!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Chickpea Salad from The Law Student's Wife

This is one of my very favorite dinners which I have made recently. It was just incredibly flavorful with the roasted veggies and the wonderful dressing. The recipe can be found here from the blog The Law Student's Wife. The only modification it needed to become vegan was the omission of the feta, and I really didn't miss it at all. I also changed the veggies a bit by doing mushrooms, zucchini and asparagus and leaving out the eggplant and yellow squash (I just like mushrooms more than eggplant, and didn't have a yellow squash). I made a little bit extra of the veggies because I like most of our dinners to have enough leftovers for the next day.


I served it over some couscous and also browned a couple of Tofurkey sausages in a pan and served one for each of us on the side. I am already thinking of making this again; it was so flavorful and filling without being heavy. Just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment