A newbie vegan/relatively newbie cook blog. I am dipping my toes into vegan cooking, and here I share recipes from vegan blogs and cookbooks which I love. I like satisfying food using basic ingredients and I try to make meals which my non-veggie husband will love as well!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Superfood Green Monster from Oh She Glows

I've never really been a smoothie person. I don't really know why; I guess I'm just the type of person who would rather have something to sink my teeth into! However, I finally got a blender a few weeks ago after being without one for several years and decided to try making one; I just hadn't been feeling the usual cereal and almond milk for breakfast. I saw this smoothie recipe on one of my favorite sites, Oh She Glows (scroll to the bottom after the cookie recipe, although that looks great too!). It's been my and my husband's daily breakfast since. I feel really good after drinking it and it holds me over for the most part until lunch.

 I found the Garden of Life Raw Protein powder at Sprouts (I got Vanilla flavor). I "guess-timate" the proportions: since I make it to serve 2, I use 2 bananas and closer to 2 cups of almond milk, and I like using frozen mango and strawberries for the fruit. I think it's a great basic green smoothie recipe!



These glasses I got us at Michaels last week don't hurt either :)

No comments:

Post a Comment