A newbie vegan/relatively newbie cook blog. I am dipping my toes into vegan cooking, and here I share recipes from vegan blogs and cookbooks which I love. I like satisfying food using basic ingredients and I try to make meals which my non-veggie husband will love as well!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Simple Tofu Scramble by Eat Within Your Means

Sometimes you just need some breakfast for dinner!

When I came across this delicious-looking tofu scramble by Eat Within Your Means, I knew that I needed to try it. It looked easy, healthy and filling.

Find the recipe here.


I didn't have any vegan sour cream on hand, but it was still fantastic! It was amazing how much the tofu ended up looking like scrambled eggs from the yellow of the turmeric. The flavors were absolutely delicious.

In order to make it even easier, I bought pre-sliced mushrooms and pre-cut broccoli from Trader Joe's.

We also decided to add some Field Roast vegan sausage. I had been wanting to try it and was able to find it at Whole Foods: we had the smoked apple sage flavor and it was absolutely wonderful with the scramble. Incredibly flavorful and yummy! All you need to do is brown the links in a pan over medium heat for a few minutes.



Daniel likes everything I make (or at least says he does; he's a sweetie ;) but he was particularly enthusiastic about this meal. Give it a try for a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner!

3 comments:

  1. Lauren, you are amazing! I have been wanting to try both the scramble and the field roast. You just made it easy for me to try, by doing all of the research on flavor, simplicity and economy.Like I said you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mom!! :) You should definitely try it, it was so yummy! The Field Roast sausages are so delicious, definitely worth a trip to Whole Foods :)

      Delete
  2. We tried this tofu scramble and vegan sausage this weekend and it was really delicious! The vegan sausage was one of the best ones I've tried so far. And the tofu scramble turned out great! Thanks for posting! I always look forward to seeing your posts!

    ReplyDelete