A newbie vegan/relatively newbie cook blog. I am dipping my toes into vegan cooking, and here I share recipes from vegan blogs and cookbooks which I love. I like satisfying food using basic ingredients and I try to make meals which my non-veggie husband will love as well!

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Avocado Toast

This is really less of a recipe than a tip :)

I have seen the idea of avocado toast floating around Pinterest, and decided to give it a try. Daniel was working a later shift the other night and it seemed like it was a good option for a lighter late dinner.

It was very yummy and surprisingly filling! I also had it the next day for lunch with some canned lentil soup, which was awesome. I am trying to think of really easy dinners for my upcoming crazy semester at school, and I think this would be great either on its own or with some soup or vegan sausage.


All I did to make it was toast 2 slices of bread in the toaster, drizzle on a little bit of olive oil, slice an avocado and place each half on a piece of toast, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. 

So yummy! The crunchiness of the toast and the creaminess of the avocado compliment each other nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment